Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Half-way there


We'll we've made it half way, landing in Frankfurt a little while ago. The trip so far has been uneventful, if a little tedious. We were stuck in the middle of the center row for the 7.5 hour flight. I couldn't feel my legs for at least half of that time. Now we're just biding our time until our next flight. Luckily these larger flights are equipped with movie monitors at every seat, with a variety of choices, plus a trip monitor that told us exactly where we were, our speed and even the temperature outside the cabin. At 37,000 feet it was -94F! Our next leg is supposed to be even longer; I might poke my eye out with a pencil just to have something to do.

Next stop, Bangalore.

7 comments:

  1. Son, how many times have I told you not to play with pencils, you might put your eye out. LOL
    Hopefully the next leg won't be quite as boring as the last. Just remember the prize waiting for you. OH MY GOODNESS I CAN'T WAit !!!!!!
    Kiss Leslie for me and know you are in my prayers and my church is praying for you also, along with everyone I know. Hurry home.

    Love you ALL so very much. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you guys already!!! Its so great to get your post and feel like I'm there with you. Leslie, my house should be spotless by the time you return & if your lucky I'll start on your house next. I must keep busy or I'll go crazy waiting for Manu!

    Love ya,
    Amee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff(Ponatoski) passed along your blog link to me, and reading so far brings back some of the best memories of my life. I empathize, we were 15 hours from LAX to Taipei and it was excruciating. Can't wait to see pictures of you as a family. It's a moment that doesn't disappoint. :)

    Kathy Ponatoski

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please don't poke your eye out! We need your eyes! :-) SOOO HAPPY for you~love the posts and know that although extremely tedious, well worth every single second. Our best! Ruth and the old OC/ the new IP :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, we are keeping watch one ya! Kathy J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Les!! I am soo happy for you and Jeff!! I cant wait to see Manu in his little bath robe!! Hurry back! Amber :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you all the best and good luck a thousands times. Love, Brandi

    Les - missyou tons. Can't wait to meet Manu.
    Love, Laura

    I guess you can say you have been "flying high" in more ways than one. You're in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for keeping us posted. Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete